One of the chores that I had on my list for last Saturday was to finish the scrap version of Spinout! (one of my patterns). I started this lap quilt a very long time ago, got the blocks all pieced and then got sidetracked onto something else. After quite a long time I got the blocks out and put them together. For some reason there was one side border block that simply wouldn't line up. I ripped and sewed, ripped and sewed. Then I ripped, MEASURED and sewed several more times. I simply COULD NOT get the edge triangle in that one block to line up with the corresponding triangle in the next block sooooo......... I got fed up, wadded it up (as punishment!) and buried it in my sewing room. Well, after re-doing the pattern for my publisher I decided that I probably needed to have a scrap version to show -- so on Saturday I reluctantly unearthed the top and tried again. I finally got the triangles lined up -- but that's only because I'm bigger and more determined than that darned block! I probably should have re-cut the pieces and made a different block but I got stubborn and......... I still have no idea why that block didn't want to work. Everything else fit just fine and when I measured the block it was the right size. I've decided that I'm not going to make myself crazy trying to figure it out so I've opted to blame it on the Quilting Pixies (pixies are notorious pransters) and just let it go.
This is the quilt top and only I know which block it is and I'm not telling!