My Blog List

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Blue Ribbon Winners

Several of you have asked me about the Blue Ribbon Winners and Best of Show quilts at the Iowa State Fair.  I wasn't able to photograph any of them when we were judging because they're the very last quilts to get hung.  Well, now you can see them!  They're in this You-Tube video.  Iowa Public Television showed up late in the day to interview us and to photograph some of the quilts so you'll see me in the video.  Please remember, when you view the video, that it was the end of a VERY LONG day and, quite frankly I'm surprised I'm not drooling because by the time they talked to me I was barely conscious!  Also remember -- the camera adds weight.  In my case it added about 80 pounds!!!

Here's the You-Tube link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeRABzM_w5s&feature=player_embedded

If that doesn't work then please go to the IPT page below and find the Blue Ribbon Winners 2010 video. 

http://www.iptv.org/fair/story.cfm/story/sf10_20100818_3_11/video

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you judge all those beautiful quilts! It took me forever to get through that room and I know I didn't get to look at them all.

    The Best of Show was a wonderful quilt! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went and looked at the video...just wonderful...loved all the quilts, I am sure you had a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete