I did manage to take a couple of breaks and do some fun things -- or at least things that I actually WANTED to do! Once of them was to make some Dilled Green Beans. Since we've got a healthy crop of green beans in our garden I thought it would be fun to try them. I made four pints and then cold-packed them. The recipe says to let them sit for at least two weeks before you taste. Sure hope they're as good as people say!
Earlier in the week I made four pints of pickled green grape tomatoes. I'm REALLY anxious to give them a try! The recipe said they'd keep in the fridge if I didn't want to cold pack them so -- in the fridge they went. These guys only have to sit for a week -- so next weekend I'm going to give them a try and I'll let you know. I've got HUNDREDS of little green tomatoes and if these are good they may all get pickled and canned! I'm thinking they might make nice Christmas gifts for those daring enough to give them a try!
After I ceremoniously sent off the corrected edits I celebrated by heading to my sewing room. I had all the pieces and parts ready to sew together for my Queen's Court (Queenie) quilt so I at least got that done. I even managed to get parts of the pieced bordered sewn so maybe I can get that added next weekend. I'd love to sneak some time in my room before the weekend but I've got something every night this week and I know it's not likely to happen. Anyway -- here's where I am on Queenie. It looks okay now -- but wait until you see it with the border!